To whom it may concern, On May 31st 2017, I was having trouble with my 2016 Ram 2500 as it was leaking Anti Freeze and with a loss of power I was not able to go more than 40-50 miles per hour.I went to Salt Lake City Ram, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Checking in: At the time I checked in, I mentioned the antifreeze leak and requested a 23 point inspection be done on my vehicle and for them to observe for any other issues. This was important due to the extreme amount of driving I do for work. Repair: After a period of time the service advisor came back to tell me the EGR cooler needed to be replaced and It would also need a DPF Regeneration to be performed, as the truck was not performing the regeneration activation on its own. At this time, I watched a part of this regeneration being performed in a park to position, in the garage where the motor raced like a freight train.

Checkout: At 6:20 that evening May 31 I was given my vehicle back with an invoice. Michael the service advisor stated the regen was done 2 times ( Invoice Attached). After completion on the EGR repairs and DPF Regeneration I was then told I was " Good to Go" hearing "Good to Go" means work completed and should be " Without issue". I mentioned my trip will be long and was concerned that I would essentially be in the mountains within a half hour and really in the middle of nowhere within several hours but the advisor gave me the thumbs up and was not concerned at all.

The mechanic also stated the "Regeneration" would be completed in approximately 1 to 2 hours as I was continuing my trip across the country, and I was ok to drive this vehicle. Michael also mention that if the arrow light indicator stayed on that I could simply disconnect the battery and let it reset, then repeated I was "Good to Go" direct quote from mechanic, so I took him at his word. Review of the bill: After paying $1,895.65. I then retrieved my vehicle and went through my invoice again referring to the 23 point inspection and work that had been done and needing to see if anything else was needed on an immediate basis.

(It only stated Catt and SCR MAY Need Further Attention (Later) meaning not the same day. Outcome: I then proceeded to drive for about an hour to an hour and a half later. I then started to see Black Smoke with Embers shooting out of my exhaust. However, I needed to remember that the mechanic stated this would occur as my DPF is getting rid of all the soot, etc during the regeneration process.

Now my truck was giving off numerous error codes. After only going 200 miles as it was very late, I pulled over and tried to assess what was going on, after I just had it at a dealer shop and paid for a job completion. In the morning, I did my own inspection of my vehicle and looked underneath the truck and with sheer horror, can see that the DPF was cracked, leaking soot and had holes in it ( attached are the pictures). Not good at all.

I then called a dealership in Wyoming and they could not work on my truck, however, they referred me to a Ram dealership in Casper, WY. I called this dealership in Casper, Wy, explained what was happening and was told to bring it in in, as this does not " Sound Right" I knew the truck would NEVER make it back to the Salt Lake City Utah Dealer. When I arrived at the Casper WY dealership my Emissions Light was still on. I was told by the Service Manager, I should have never been able to even leave the Salt Lake City Dealer with this light on, and I was lucky that this vehicle didn't burn to the ground.

I was then asked: "Why the EGR Cooler work that was performed by the previous Dealer was even done"? The Casper WY Dealer then checked all codes, did a forensic analysis to figure out what was going on. From that moment, the nightmare began. No other words for it.

My truck now had melted components, my DPF, Catalytic Converter, SCR, Turbo Charger, Nox Sensors were all severely damaged, Not to mention that I left the Salt Lake City Dealer with a Rear Wheel Seal Leak, that also went "Unnoticed" upon the 23 point inspection. This bill now $11,100. Not happy at all. I should have never been able to leave the previous shop.

I then reached out to the Salt Lake Valley ram Service manager, Frank Lucero and told him the issues and then did not hear back from him again after 3 more calls into him. I then contacted Chrysler Customer Care and that prompted a phone call later that day from " Frank" I again told him all the damages, thousands in lost income etc, my dissatisfaction and lost time. He then stated he would call back the Dealer in WY to see what can be "worked out". He never did call as he stated he would.

My wife then called Frank as well. Unbelievable- he blatantly told my wife Lori that there was " NO DPF Regeneration done on my truck at all.(SEE: Attached invoice stating it was performed 2 times). She then told the Service Manager Frank the numerous problems that occurred once the truck left his shop. He had no interest, and stated to Lori that "There was no time to do the DPF Regeneration" as Your husband was in a hurry and had to leave.

Not at all accurate, and an Out and Out Lie. My now fried Catalytic Converter, SCR MAY NEED FURTHER ATTENTION LATER ON? It obviously needed to be repaired right then and there,, at the Salt Lake Shop. It was pure neglect and a dealership not wanting to own up to their wrong doing which is morally and ethically wrong.

The absolute neglect and disservice at this shop in Salt Lake City melted the components of my truck. Repair: Upon speaking to several dealers several mechanics and a dozen or so people in the industry of hauling I concluded my situation was basically unheard-of, that is people that drive these trucks know people that drive these trucks, mechanics that work on these trucks have never seen this amount of damage to a vehicle in their careers. Also, the Casper dealer stated this was due to the complete oversight of repairs needed which caused the extensive damage to my vehicle. Compensation: I am now seeking the full reimbursement for these repairs in the amount of $11,100 plus attorney Fees of $5,000 plus $4,900 for Lost Income from my vehicle for that week.

Total compensation of $20,000. Attached- Pictures of the damage to the vehicle that happened upon leaving the Salt Lake City shop, which where taken only roughly 2 hundred miles away at the Wyoming dealership. Attached- Invoice from the Salt Lake City Dealership that also states the truck did indeed have the DPF Regeneration they are claiming, ( Did not occur ) because in stating they did perform the Mobile Regeneration would mean they are owning up to the multiple damages the truck sustained as the DPF was fully compacted making it crack AND adding to the damages to the truck.. To summarize: * First- it is important to know if you own a vehicle like this you'll find that dealers are quick to sell you parts that you do not need, which has happened with several dealers prior to this incident.

* Salt Lake Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, should have identified and resolved the problem before I left their shop * This dealer should not have lied to us in regards to performing the regeneration. However, instead they chose to blame the customer for wanting to leave and ignored the fact that it was 6:20 in the evening and they simply wanted to go home. * Upon being notified, Frank Lucero the service manager should have properly followed up instead he called the dealer doing the repairs and made no attempt in spite of his words, made no attempts to help with the damage that his dealer caused.

* My recommendation is not to buy a vehicle from this dealer and certainly not allow them to do any service whatsoever, and if you have any interaction with them at all, I would sincerely recommend that you tape-record every interaction and videotape every code error so that the service department cannot backpedal and blame the customer which is what they seem to do to protect themselves from any liability.I look forward to hearing from you, as this has been beyond an extremely stressful and frustrating situation that should never have occurred.

Review about: Salt Lake Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Car Repair.

I didn't like: Causing damage to my vehicle, Lies.

Comments

Port Orange, Florida, United States #1347888

Issue still not resolved.This dealer is not responding to the issue.

Also not responding to the BBB.

Will need to send a demand letter from attorney